Every lady including girls likes when they are pretty. The beautiful look is enhanced with some makeup. There are different kinds of makeup. Some are meant to be used by adults while others are made specifically for kids. Makeup products are made using safe and non-toxic products making them friendly to our skin.
Moreover, kids’ makeup is made with more safe elements because their skin is more sensitive. Furthermore, more brands make makeup for kids. When selecting some of the brands, you need to be more cautious because some may react with your kid’s skin. The toxic chemical may cause a serious health issue.
Toxic Chemicals in found in makeup
Not all kid’s makeup contains toxic chemicals. Some are best and safe for your kid’s sensitive skin. Some of the toxic compounds that may be found on makeups include
- Talc: This is an ingredient utilized with more cosmetics including foundation, eye shadow, blush plus baby powder. It’s used to make makeup products have a better texture, be softer, absorb moisture, prevent caking & decrease the look of oily skin. Talc mineral occurs naturally but it’s often unclean with asbestos.
- Lead: Most makeup products contain lead in small amounts which may still be absorbed & ingested through the skin. When Lead accumulates in our bodies it can cause lead poisoning and the effects of lead are irreversible. Lead is more dangerous to infants & young kids.
- Fragrance: The fragrance is used in so many personal care, cosmetics, cleaning & household items. In the ingredient list, it can be listed as perfume or fragrance. The fragrance is prepared from a mixture of more chemicals. The manufacturer doesn’t reveal the list of products that are used in making fragrances.
- Parabens: Parabens are mainly used as a preservative to cosmetics. It helps in preventing the development of harmful mold and bacteria. Parabens are endocrine-disruptors plus it’s linked to breast-cancer & reproductive toxicity.
- Toluene: Toluene is a solvent used in cosmetics. This chemical can be found on lip balm, makeup, and nail kits. Furthermore, it’s among the most commonly noticed volatile organic elements found in makeup products for kids.
There exist kid’s friendly makeups which are made with natural ingredients. This baby-safe makeup will have no negative effect on your kid’s health and not irritate. Some of the natural kid’s makeup kit includes
Klee Kids Luna Star Natural Mineral Makeup:
It’s free from talc, mineral oil, phthalates, synthetic fragrances, FD&C colors & paraben preservatives. Furthermore, it’s also free from gluten.
No Nasties Kids make up:
This kid’s makeup is made with 100% natural ingredients. It’s free from FD&C colors, talc, synthetic dyes, mineral oil, ferric ferrocyanide, bismuth oxychloride, or paraben preservatives.
Prim and Pure Real Natural Organic Kids Makeup:
It’s made using natural ingredients. It’s free from bismuth, parabens, talc, rice powder, gluten, corn starch, mineral oil, fillers, glycol ethers, BPA, FD&C Dyes, phthalates, and soy.