You should be prepared for the first teething when your baby is born. I’m very sure that you’ve heard or experienced some of the miserable stories about babies’ first teething.
What is certain is that you must be ready to go through a few sleepless nights that will also make your baby feel uncomfortable. Of course, teething is not only a problem for the baby but also their parents or guardians.
In this piece of context, we are going to give you some of the best advice about a baby’s first teething.
What are the teething rings for babies?
Teething rings for babies are typical bite toys and can be made of sturdy plastic or filled with water. These typical toys have a subtle texture and are designed to soothe the tender gums of the teething baby.
Is chewing a sign of teething?
There are many signs of first teething in babies, and chewing a lot is one of them. Babies are like puppies and in their early teething stages they are more likely to gnaw or bite anything they can find. This relieves the pressure that normally prevails under the gums from the growing tooth.
Do babies cry a lot when teething?
Babies are more likely to feel uncomfortable, restless, and irritable when they first teething. The process of tooth eruption, moving through the bone and into the gums, occurs gradually, mainly during the night. This is why teething babies cry a lot, especially at night. So if your baby cries a lot at night, these could be the first signs of teething.
How can you ease the baby’s teething pain?
There are many things you can do to help relieve the baby’s teething pain. Here we present some of them.
- Give your baby something to chew on
- Babies like to gnaw or chew anything they find. So, during teething, you can give them things that will ease the discomfort in the gums.
- Serve your baby chilled food
- Serving chilled food can also help alleviate teething discomfort. Some examples of foods that you can serve your baby include yogurt, applesauce, chilled drinks, and so on. However, be careful not to add too much sugar to your baby food. High sugar content is not healthy for the teeth.
- Use teething rings
- Teething rings for babies are specially designed chew toys that can be given to your baby and chewing or gnawing will help relieve discomfort in the gums.
- Go the natural way
- If you have no other option, you can opt for a traditional method of reducing teething discomfort by rubbing the baby’s gums. If you don’t mind, you can put on a little sweet organic toothpaste, which most babies love to test.
How to make a DIY baby teething ring?
There are many ideas for a DIY baby teether. For example, you can use a washcloth.
- Washcloth teether for babies
- Place a wet, clean organic cotton washcloth in the freezer for a few minutes and give it to your baby. since your baby will chew the cold in it, it will help relieve the pain.